I am a wife, mother of two children, step - mother of three and step- Nawnie (grandmother).
I’m the owner and lead childcare provider here at Right @ Home Daycare & Preschool. Back in 2001 I became a Stay- At - Home - Mom after my daughter was born. Although I was very busy with two young children to care for, I started missing the things I enjoyed most about working. I thought about how much I loved to work with children. I loved teaching and organizing activities for my own children. I looked around our house and noticed how I decorated the walls with learning posters and had little learning centers set up for them. So in January of 2002 I opened as Rashawn’s Daycare. I’ve been at it every since.
Parents find that I always carry a positive attitude and healthy self - esteem. I believe in keeping open, honest, and confidential communications with each parent. Iunderstand that children need appropriate structure, safety, and a clean environment with lots of learning tools. I’m very energetic and highly motivated in assuring that your children will receive just that. I’m always working to make every child feel special. I love to see the success in those around me. I'm very supportive of each family. I love to make people smile so I will crack a joke here and there.
I am very serious about providing an environment that fosters healthy development of each child. My growing student loan debt of over $42k can prove how true my passion is. I'm constantly furthering my education to ensure that my knowledge and program evolves with the ever changing advancements within this field of education and business.
One other thing you should know about me. When you call, you will be greeted by a soft voice. I was blessed with a voice that never matured past 3 years old. So I don't want you to be alarmed believing that we would allow a small child to answer the phone. It's just me!
- I have over 20 years experience working in the field of Early Childhood Education.
- I've taught early childhood in a childcare center as an assistant teacher for about 3 years while in college, I have taught in church ministry preschool classes, I was a director of the primary division in a church ministry program.
- I am very motivated, have a positive spirit, very creative and lots of patience.
- I’m certified in 1st aid, CPR, and AED.
- I have finger prints and criminal background checks ran through the Mo Highway State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education Administration.
- I have an Associates in Early Childhood Education.
- I have a diploma in Childcare Management.
I enjoy learning as well as teaching. I try to take up as much education in early childhood and business as my time and budget can afford. I attend many workshops, conferences, online courses and classes.
It’s a lot of work but it’s my passion. I know that God has given me this vision and the power to accomplish these goals and more.
I am generally comfortable with up to about 8 children by myself. At times I may hire assistants when I have more children enrolled. While attendance levels are low, I will have an assistant who comes only when needed.
- The qualified assistants will be 1st Aid and CPR certified.
- Have experience working with children and excel in family relations (Customer service).
- Each person will have an approved background check as well as clean bill of health.
- All staff members will be required to take childcare related classes.
Our Associate Providers:
We currently don't have any full - time associate providers.
I do have my husband listed as my emergency back up to be present during an emergency. He too has 1st aid and CPR certification. He too has approved Background and Finger Print checks
My teen - aged daughter is my student helper who is available to help out during school closings and summer months. She is also 1st aid and CPR certified.